Thursday 31 January 2013

GH Review: Almay Wake Up Under Eye Concealer

 While I may have sworn off foundations, I can't seem to quit concealers -- particularly the ones intended for my under-eye area as my dark circles have always been a problem from the time I was a kid.

As I've said before, I've accepted the fact that my dark circles are the result of pale skin and not anything I can fix with a cream or a gel or a peel or any other skin treatment. So my only real solution is concealer.

This, however, is not the miracle product I've been looking for.



 Almay's Wake Up Under-Eye Concealer which I bought, believe it or not, in the shade light/medium, is an orangey-colored, light, chalky mess of a product.

It creases horrendously, and you can see how dry/chalky it is just from that swatch, which was taken about 30 seconds after application. It not only doesn't erase under-eye circles, but it gives you the look of fine lines and wrinkles in your eye area -- even if you don't have them.

I'd go on, but I don't want to beat a dead horse. Normally I love Almay products, and I love that they're unscented and hypo-allergenic, but this was a real dud.

There was honestly nothing to like here, so I have to give it an F.

No comments:

Post a Comment